Terms of Service
Users and customers (“the customer”, “customers”, “you”, “your”) of all services provided by ALG Websites must accept the terms of service (“terms”) set out below. Please read these terms carefully as they explain your legal rights and obligations. The following terms will become effective as soon as you create an account with ALG Websites. The products and services (“services”) are provided by ALG Websites (“we”, “our”, “us”) located at ALG Websites Ltd, 21 Reddown Road, Coulsdon, Surrey, CR5 1AN, United Kingdom.
1) Account Terms
The following terms apply to account creations on any of our websites:
- You must be at least 13 years old to register to use our services. If you are under 13, you will need to gain consent from a parent or guardian; they will need to send an email to email@example.com with your name and the email address you will be using, their name and written consent allowing you to create an account.
- You must provide a valid name and email address belonging to you. You may also be required to provide more information during the sign-up period depending on the website you are registering on.
- You must be human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are prohibited.
- Your account may only be used by you. Creating one account for multiple people is not allowed. Depending on the site you have registered on, you can create separate logins for as many people you require.
- You are responsible for all content uploaded and activity that occurs under your account. Depending on the site you are using, this includes content uploaded and activity performed by sub-accounts created by your account.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. We will not be liable for damage or loss from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You may not use any of our websites for any illegal or unauthorised purposes. You must not in the use of our services, violate any laws in your country of residence or the country you are transacting (including but not limited to copyright or trademark law).
2) Refund Policy (“Money Back Guarantee”)
If you are unhappy with the services provided, please contact our support team for the website you have purchased from. If the support team cannot fix the problem, you may be entitled to a refund under the money back guarantee. Unless stated otherwise, the refund period will be 30 calendar days. There will be no refunds issued after the stated period. The money back guarantee applies to your first order only, any future orders are not eligible for a money back guarantee.
A select few domain extensions are eligible for refunds, this is set by the domain registrar, not us. Please contact us before registering a domain name if you are unsure whether it is eligible for a refund. Refunds cannot be issued for eligible domain names past their grace period, SSL certificates after the order has been processed and the service delivered, Dedicated Servers or Dedicated IP Addresses.
Some services are not eligible for a refund after delivery; this will be displayed on the appropriate material before you purchase the service.
No refunds will be issued if we terminate your account due to a breach of any of our terms or policies. Accounts purchased under promotion, with or without a promotional code and unless stated otherwise are excluded from the money back guarantee.
Any funds/credit in your account wallet cannot be withdrawn or refunded. All eligible refunds can be issued to the original payment method (if possible) or applied as an account credit.
3) Service Level Agreement (“SLA”)
All hosting accounts and hosted products come with a 99.9% uptime guarantee. You may be eligible for an account credit if the uptime level drops below the agreed level.
We will not be held responsible for downtime caused by anything listed below and therefore will not issue credit for the following:
- Internal services such as Apache, MySQL, PHP, etc.
- Scheduled downtime or planned maintenance.
- Interruption of services due to a breach of terms, abuse notifications or unpaid invoices.
- Local connection/ISP problems.
- Customer-controlled downtime.
- Acts of Force Majeure.
Claims must be made within five calendar days of the downtime. SLA credit will be issued within forty-eight hours as an account credit based on your monthly renewal price. Credit percentages can be found in our support knowledgebase.
Refunds will only be issued to the affected service account and will be offered in account credit form only.
This SLA is subject to change at the sole discretion of ALG Websites and will be updated on the terms of service and the dedicated SLA web page. Any changes to the SLA will take effect five calendar days after publishing.
We perform daily backups for all of our websites and services; each backup is retained for five calendar days. For web hosting customers, backups are created for our use in-case of a server failure and should not be treated as a replacement for making your own backups.
You can generate your own account backups from the control panel. If requested, we can restore your account from our backups for a small fee. These requests should be directed to our account transfer team.
ALG Websites will not be held responsible for file or data loss.
5) Cancellation Requests
Cancellation requests (“cancellations”, “requests”) must be submitted via the control panel for the service you wish to cancel. We cannot accept requests via any other method. Choosing an immediate cancellation will result in your account being terminated within twenty-four hours of submitting the request.
It is your responsibility to cancel any active payment subscriptions (e.g. PayPal, Direct Debit) that you have set up. All requests must be submitted before the invoice for the selected billing cycle is due. Failure to do so will result in the invoice becoming due and payment required. A request cannot be generated if the selected invoice is already due.
6) Free Domain Conditions
Customers who sign up to a service or web hosting plan offering a free domain name (“domain”) are entitled to claim a free domain registration or transfer. Unless stated otherwise, the following top-level domains (“TLD’”) are included in the free registration/transfer: .co.uk,.com,.net,.org,.org.uk,.biz,.info
Any TLD not stated or listed above is not eligible for a free registration/transfer. Customers who sign up with a promotion (with or without a code) will not be eligible for a free domain registration/transfer unless the promotion is for a free/discounted domain or if the promotion states otherwise. Unless stated otherwise, customers are limited to one per domain per order.
Free Domains cannot be transferred out until six months after registration. ALG Websites will retain control if the associated service is cancelled, terminated or suspended before the six month period.
7) Resource Usage
The following applies to customers who have active shared hosting or reseller hosting accounts. You will need to remember that you are hosting your website(s) in a shared environment, so high resource usage of server resources for a long period will not be allowed.
Any account that is causing or may cause harm will be notified to resolve the issue. Accounts causing serious/long-term harm to our servers may be suspended until the issue is resolved.
Any of the following will count as resource usage abuse and may result in suspension or termination:
- Running any torrent application, client or tracker.
- Running any gaming servers such as Minecraft, Counter-Strike, Half-Life, etc.
- Participating in or running any file sharing or peer-to-peer activities.
- Running cron jobs with intervals of less than five minutes.
As stated in Section 4, we provide daily backups for hosting accounts. These will be included in your disk space usage. If requested, we can disable daily backups for your account. This is not recommended, but if you wish to do so, you can contact the support team who will disable your account backups.
Services provided by ALG Websites may only be used for lawful purposes. The following content (“illegal content”) is prohibited on our servers and may result in account suspension/termination if the following material is uploaded:
- Spamming scripts/spam bots
- DoS/DDoS attack scripts
- IP scanners
- Proxy scripts
- Brute force attack scripts
- Illegal Pornography
- Warez, pirated or any other illegal content
We reserve the right to suspend/terminate accounts found with illegal content. A £15.00 GBP un-suspension fee may be required to un-suspend your account. Illegal files can be removed without notice and may be reported to the authorities.
9) Grounds for Suspension and Termination
You agree that ALG Websites has the right to suspend/terminate your account – with or without notice – upon the first or subsequent occurrence of any of the following:
- Violating any terms mentioned in previous or subsequent sections.
- Using the services in a way which constitutes a violation of any applicable statute law, court order, regulation, tariff or treaty (including, but not limited to, intellectual property, communications, privacy, criminal and international law).
- Hosting websites dedicated to pornography. Adult content is allowed but may not be the main focus of your website.
- Performing a chargeback anytime after payment will result in an account suspension until the charge back has been resolved. If a charge back is issued, we reserve the right to impose a £15 GBP fee and deny any future business.
- Using the services in a manner intended to violate the privacy or property rights of others, including but not limited to sending of unsolicited bulk e-mail (“spamming”); this ground for suspension or termination is separate from and in addition to the fees which will result from such activity. You agree to pay a clean-up fee of £25.00 GBP per hour if any of our server IP addresses appear on a blacklist as a result of spam from your account.
- Using shared hosting or reseller hosting services as a file hosting or backup hosting service if permission has not been sought before purchase.
- Using the services in an attempt to break security, or so as to actually break security of any computer network (including the Service itself), or to access an account, message, or file which does not belong to you.
- Using the services in such a way as to forge or misrepresent headers, addresses, or other identification in electronic mail or websites, or using any other method to disguise the sender’s identity or location. This includes the hosting of Proxy Server applications.
- Assisting in or directly distributing or hosting copyrighted material.
- Providing us with fake or misleading details (including name, postal address or phone number)
- Attempting, in any way, to interfere with or deny service to any user or any host on the Internet.
- Misusing SSH access.
No credit will be given for a period of suspension. In the event of termination of your use of the service under this section, we may at our sole discretion retain any or all amounts you have paid for use of the service as liquidated damages for your actions.
You agree not to access or attempt to access private areas of any service available or provided, this includes but is not limited to moderation areas, staff areas and administration consoles. Accessing or attempting to access restricted/private areas may result in account suspension/termination and the authorities being contacted.
You agree to notify ALG Websites as soon as you become aware of an unauthorized use of your account and/or any breach or attempted breach of security on any service.
Your IP address and details may be reported to partner fraud databases, companies and law enforcement agencies if your account is suspended, terminated or if you engage in any illegal activities.
10) Abuse Reports
ALG Websites does not undertake to examine or review messages, files, or other materials, which are accessible through, pass through, or reside on the service. Complaints regarding alleged copyright/trademark infringement or illegal content can be submitted via the URL below.
Continuing a specific identification of the allegedly infringing material and the location(s) on ALG Websites’ facilities where the materials are to be found. Upon receipt of such written notice, ALG Websites will expeditiously remove or block access to the allegedly infringing material, and provide notice to the person who had posted that material. If ALG Websites receives a notification from that person indicating that the claim of infringement was based upon mistake or misidentification, ALG Websites will send you a copy of that notification. Unless you notify ALG Websites of appropriate court action to restrain the alleged infringement, the challenged material will then be restored or otherwise made accessible again.
Abuse towards our staff is not tolerated and will be reported if they deem appropriate. Upon the report you will be notified and given the chance to resolve the issue. Your account(s) may be closed and future business denied depending on the nature of the abuse and if it is not possible to resolve the issue.
You agree that any dispute between you and ALG Websites arising out of your use of any service which cannot be resolved between you and ALG Websites will be submitted by the aggrieved party for binding arbitration under the auspices of the English law.
We shall not be held responsible for any damages your business may suffer. We will never make any warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide.
13) Price Changes
The amount you pay for your products and services can be increased from the date of purchase. We reserve the right to change prices listed on any of our websites and the right to increase the amount of resources or features given to plans or services at any time. Customers will be given advance notice of any changes to pricing or resource limits.
14) Governing Law
These Terms and Policies are governed in all respects under English laws.
Last Updated: 18/02/2018 | Last Reviewed: 18/02/2018 | Next Review: 18/09/2018